Create captivating motion graphics that realize your artistic vision in combination with graphic design, animation, visual effects, editing, and digital skills. In the Motion Graphics Certificate Program at Otis Extension you will learn industry-standard tools and workflows used to produce motion design across film, television, social media, advertising, and video games.
After completing the program, you will be prepared to begin a career or enhance your skills in the field of motion graphics. Learn from experienced professionals and artists, connect with a network of creatives, and receive career support, including career counseling, career assessment, internship advising, and employer networking opportunities. Ultimately, you will create a professional-quality portfolio demonstrating conceptual, design, and technical proficiency for entry-level positions in the motion design industry.
What you will learn
- Art and design fundamentals, including graphic design, typography, and digital storytelling
- Post-production techniques using editing, music, and sound
- How to develop all aspects of a concept, including characters, backgrounds, storytelling, and a final storyboard
- Industry-standard tools, including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D, and more
- Professional practices relevant to a motion graphics career and portfolio development
Prospective Student Resources
- Attend an info session
- View a course planning document to learn more about course sequence and timelines
- Chat with us during drop-in hours: Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Schedule an appointment with an Extension Advisor
- Approximate Course Cost: $480*
- Total Number of Courses: 18
- Estimated Total Tuition*: $8,645**
*Cost after certificate tuition discount. Courses are individually priced. Tuition and course fees are paid at the time of enrollment in each course. Total tuition is not paid in advance or in a lump sum.
**Cost after certificate tuition discount. Upon submitting the certificate application and fee, students qualify for a 15% tuition discount per course at time of enrollment.
Eligibility and Requirements
Students must be 18 years of age to enroll. No portfolio or prior experience is required.
Individuals interested in this certificate program can take up to two courses before committing to the program. Before beginning the start of a third course, students are required to submit a Certificate Program Enrollment Application with a $185 application fee.
Applicants will be notified of their enrollment status within one week of submitting their application. Click below to apply now!
Computer and Technology Requirements
Note: please refer to each individual course page for additional supplies, materials, and software requirements.
- Computer with camera and sound capabilities; reliable internet connection
- A second device with screen such as iPad, tablet, or second computer with working audio, built-in webcam, and microphone
- Camera (smart phone or DSLR camera) with the ability to transfer files to your computer
- Hard drive with at least 250 GB of storage
- Optional: external web camera and USB microphone headset