The Motion Graphics Certificate Program is a sequence of eighteen (18) courses providing intensive study in media arts for individuals who are beginning a new career, making a career change, or seeking to enhance their existing art, design, or teaching skills. The program combines the theoretical study of digital media with the acquisition of technical knowledge (Department of Labor Standard Occupational Code: 27-1014).
Students use software applications most commonly used by design professionals. Practical training leads to the development of a professional portfolio. All digital courses are taught hands-on in the computer lab or online, and include additional lab time on a sign-up basis at no additional cost.
Costs for Motion Graphics Certificate Program
Individuals interested in this certificate program can take up to two classes before committing to the program, at which point they are required to submit a Certificate Program Enrollment Application and $185 application fee. Upon submitting the application and fee, students qualify for a 15% tuition discount, per course, at time of enrollment. Applicants will be notified of their enrollment status within one week of submitting their application.
Estimated Tuition with the 15% certificate discount applied (paid as you enroll in each course): $8,645
Certificate Program Computer and Technology Requirements
Note: please refer to each individual course page for additional supplies, materials, and software requirements.
- Computer with camera and sound capabilities; reliable internet connection
- A second device with screen such as iPad, tablet, or second computer with working audio, built-in webcam, and microphone
- Camera (smart phone or DSLR camera) with the ability to transfer files to your computer
- Hard drive with at least 250 GB of storage
- Optional: external web camera and USB microphone headset