Develop your expertise in designing for digital interfaces in ways that engage participants through dynamic interactive experiences. Through coursework in the UX/UI for Designers Certificate Program at Otis Extension you will learn industry-standard tools and workflows and apply visual communication strategies to broad applications within the fields of user experience and interface.
After completing the program, you will be prepared to begin a career or enhance your skills in the field of web design. Learn from experienced professionals and artists, connect with a network of creatives, and receive career support, including career counseling, career assessment, internship advising, and employer networking opportunities. Ultimately, you will create a professional-quality portfolio demonstrating conceptual, design, and technical proficiency for entry-level positions in the web design industry.
What you will learn:
- Design fundamentals, including color theory, typography, and graphic design
- How to create digital designs using multiple assets and visual formats
- Design standards, accessibility best practices, basic coding, and common workflows
- Industry-standard tools, including Sketch, Figma, Mirro, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional practices relevant to careers in UX design, UI design, web design, and portfolio development
Prospective Student Resources
- View a course planning document to learn more about course sequence and timelines
- Chat with us during drop-in hours: Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Schedule an appointment with an Extension Advisor
- Approximate Course Cost: $505*
- Total Number of Courses: 10
- Estimated Total Tuition: $5,050**
*Cost after certificate tuition discount. Upon submitting the certificate application and fee, students qualify for a 15% tuition discount per course at the time of enrollment.
**Cost after certificate tuition discount. Courses are individually priced. Tuition and course fees are paid at the time of enrollment in each course. Total tuition is not paid in advance or in a lump sum.
Eligibility and Requirements
Students must be 18 years of age to enroll. No portfolio or prior experience is required.
Individuals interested in this certificate program can take up to two courses before committing to the program. Before beginning their third course, students are required to submit a Certificate Program Enrollment Application with a non-refundable $185 application fee.
Applicants will be notified of their enrollment status within one week of submitting their application. Click below to apply now!