Color is emotional. A color resonates based on memory, cultural bias, and personal preference. Artists and designers alike communicate effectively through choice of hue, saturation, and value. In this course, knowledge and understanding of color are developed through weekly exercises and homework projects using gouache. Through lecture, demonstration, critique, and practical experience, students investigate color theory; color in the environment, and more.
- This class includes multiple sections; please refer to the Section Notes for specific details for each section, including online, on-campus, etc.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Required Courses
- Digital Imaging and Illustration : Required Courses
- Digital Media Arts Education : Core Courses
- Fashion Design : Required Courses
- Fine Arts : Required Courses
- Graphic Design : Required Courses
- Interior Design : Required Courses
- Motion Graphics : Required Courses
- Video Editing : Required Courses
- Web Design : Required Courses