Color is emotional. A color resonates based on memory, cultural bias, and personal preference. Artists and designers alike communicate effectively through choice of hue, saturation, and value. In this course, knowledge and understanding of color are developed through weekly exercises and homework projects using gouache. Through lecture, demonstration, critique, and practical experience, students investigate color theory; color in the environment, and more.
- Through weekly Zoom meetings, students will work under the guidance of instructor expertise to achieve their work in a virtual studio environment. In addition, students take part in select course activities at their own time; course content will be posted on a weekly basis based on the scheduled meeting date.
- Prerequisite: None
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Core Courses
- Digital Imaging and Illustration : Core Courses
- Digital Media Arts Education : Core Courses
- Fashion Design : Core Courses
- Fine Arts : Core Courses
- Graphic Design : Core Courses
- Interior Design : Core Courses
- Motion Graphics : Core Courses
- Video Editing : Core Courses
- Web Design : Core Courses