What is good design? Line, space, balance, value, texture, perspective—these are just a few of the elements and principles that designers engage with to create strong design solutions. This course provides a thorough introduction to visual elements, language, and applications fundamental to 2-dimensional design. Through weekly assignments, students apply design principles using digital or traditional media. This course builds confidence in the design process for beginners and professionals by focusing on perception and thinking, historic and current references, and craftsmanship. Instruction includes design projects, online lectures, online discussion, process, and critique.
- Taught through an online learning environment, this course does not include live meetings. Students take part in course activities at their own pace; course content will be posted on a weekly basis based on the scheduled meeting date.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Core Courses
- Digital Imaging and Illustration : Core Courses
- Digital Media Arts Education : Core Courses
- Fashion Design : Core Courses
- Graphic Design : Core Courses
- Interior Design : Core Courses
- Motion Graphics : Core Courses
- Product Design : Prerequisite Courses
- Video Editing : Core Courses
- Web Design : Core Courses