What is good design? Line, space, balance, value, texture, perspective—these are just a few of the elements and principles that designers engage with to create strong design solutions. This course provides a thorough introduction to visual elements, language, and applications fundamental to 2-dimensional design. Through weekly assignments, students apply design principles using digital or traditional media. This course builds confidence in the design process for beginners and professionals by focusing on perception and thinking, historic and current references, and craftsmanship. Instruction includes design projects, online lectures, online discussion, process, and critique.
- This class includes multiple sections; please refer to the Section Notes for specific details for each section, including online, on-campus, etc.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Animation : Required Courses
- Digital Imaging and Illustration : Required Courses
- Digital Media Arts Education : Core Courses
- Fashion Design : Required Courses
- Graphic Design : Required Courses
- Interior Design : Required Courses
- Motion Graphics : Required Courses
- Product Design : Prerequisite Courses
- Video Editing : Required Courses
- Web Design : Required Courses